Chaumet Exhibition in Monaco
From 12 July to 28 August 2019, Chaumet is laying on an exhibition at the Grimaldi Forum in Monaco,
featuring all kinds of tiaras.
- Venue: Grimaldi Forum Monaco
- Friday 12 July: 2.30 pm to 8 pm
- 13 July to 28 August: 10 am to 8 pm
- Every Thursday: late opening until 10 pm
- Price: from €6
- Price for under-18-year-olds: free
- 250 jewellery creations
- Works of art
- Exceptional historical pieces
- The exhibition takes the visitor on a voyage of rediscovery of the history of a cult jewel, the tiara, a symbol of sovereignty that has become one of radiant femininity.
- A catalogue, published by Flammarion, will be published for the exhibition.
After Beijing in 2017 and Tokyo in 2018, Chaumet charts a course for the most legendary of principalities to unveil rare pieces, some of which are being seen publicly for the first time: historical gems or spectacular jewel, loaned by museums, grand families or royalty.
Under the patronage of His Serene Highness Prince Albert II, ‘Chaumet in Majesty. Jewels of Sovereigns Since 1780’ is orchestrated by two curators with renowned expertise of royal courts: Stéphane Bern, a media and cultural figure, and Christophe Vachaudez, a historian specialising in jewellery.
The exhibition highlights the ongoing dialogue between jewellery and the arts, rendering the tiara a continually reinvented accessory. In tandem with the evolution of the feminine silhouette, it imparts an extraordinary allure and expresses the art de vivre of an era.