Thermes Marins Monte-Carlo
A quality-minded and committed approach to health, detox and well-being
Thermes Marins Monte-Carlo has had its “Green Globe” certification renewed every year since December 2015. Every day, we implement measures to support sustainable development and we invite our guests to take part in our green approach.
Did you know?
The Monte-Carlo Green Spa Team, created in 2014, counts about twenty members who get together every two months to implement social, societal, environmental and cultural actions.
Social and societal actions
Throughout the year, Thermes Marins Monte-Carlo takes part in events and supports charities. Here is a non-exhaustive list:
- We regularly organise exhibitions for paintings and sculptures produced by local artists.
- Our employees take part in the “No finish line” charity race, which raises money for Children & Future, a charity which helps underprivileged or ill children. We even produced and sold cereal bars for the occasion!
- Christmas 2018: we collected toys for the Restos du Cœur with the Villefranche-sur-Mer SIVOM (French multipurpose intercommunal syndicate).
- Production of a Mr. Potato Head made of recycled water bottles and plant potting... We take part in the Monacology event every year, which raises awareness among Monegasque children of sustainable development.
- We donate uniforms to the SEB Humanitaire charity in Mali.
Little extras that are “so green”
- Behind the scenes we have become experts in selective sorting.
- Our brochures are printed by a green printing company with the Green Globe certification.
- The organic balsamic vinegar and olive oil used in our kitchen are on sale in the restaurant.
- Little olive trees with roots feature at the centre of our tables.
- We no longer use plastic straws at our bar, and non-biodegradable bags have also been banned from our establishment.
- Rather than plastic bottles, we now offer guests infused water (with citrus fruit, mint, etc.), served in biodegradable cups. The aim is to get rid of all plastic bottles while offering guests water with health/detox benefits.
- The packaging of our snacks are chosen and designed with selective sorting in mind.
- We have been sponsoring hives of black bees (an endemic species) from the Ferme Boutons d’Or in the countryside near Nice since July 2018.
- We pump seawater into our swimming pool to limit the use of chlorinated products.
- We often organise free conferences with a health specialist (a doctor, nutritionist, etc.).
- We have put together a colouring book to educate children in matters concerning the protection of the environment and of sea resources.
So we look forward to continuing our efforts in 2019 and we aim to receive the “Gold Standard” certification next December!