Barrier gestures and prevention measures in our properties
Monte-Carlo Société des Bains de Mer is following the Covid-19 epidemic very closely and is focused on ensuring the health and safety of employees and customers.
The Group is:
- Committed to protecting employees and customers.
- Responsible for ensuring that new regulations are followed.
- Ready and eager to make your stay as safe and enjoyable as possible
Based on the recommendations of the Government of Monaco, we’re introducing a number of preventive and protective measures, including:
Health and Safety - the following rules are enforced in our establishments:
- Protective measures are communicated and compulsory in all of our establishments.
- Social distancing measures have been introduced using ground markings in all of our establishments, for both personnel and customers.
- Foot traffic is being managed by limiting the number of people allowed into our establishments.
- Masks are compulsory for our employees and customers.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers are available at points of contact for our customers and employees.
- All of our establishments are regularly disinfected using virus-killing agents whose use is approved and effective against viruses, bacteria and other pathogens.
- Contact surfaces (handles, elevator buttons, counters, etc.) are disinfected with a virus-killing agent at least every two hours.
- All of our employees are provided with personal protective equipment recommended by the Prince’s Government, and have been trained to follow good preventive practices.
- Physical distancing rules have been introduced, especially in lines, elevators and places with high foot traffic.
- Prior to your stay, we will send you an email prompting you to fill out all of the information needed for check-in, along with some additional details that will help us make your stay as safe and enjoyable as possible.
- Valet parking is provided with strict rules in place. Vehicles are disinfected before and after each use.
- The Resort shuttle service will be maintained with strict rules in place, in accordance with governmental health requirements.
- Rooms will be cleaned using protocols approved by the Government of Monaco. Room service will be adapted to conform with governmental requirements.
- Room service is available to our guests.
Lastly, for your peace of mind, we have relaxed our hotel cancellation policy in light of the current Covid-19 situation.
- During peak season, changes and cancellations may now be made between seven days and three days before arrival*
- All new reservations must be guaranteed by credit card upon confirmation. No deposit or prepayment is required*
- The majority of our special offers (e.g. Advance Purchase) are now flexible: no prepayments are required, and bookings may be cancelled up to three days before arrival.
*Excluding the Diamond Suite and long stays
Please consult the travel page on the official Government website: https://covid19.mc/en/thematiques/transports-et-voyages/
All customers who wish to visit the casinos are asked to briefly lower their masks for identity checks, in accordance with current regulations in the Principality of Monaco.
- Foot traffic is being managed with ground markings, to ensure that social distancing measures are followed. Measures are also in place to limit the number of people allowed into the casinos.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers have been placed in every gaming area, so that customers may wash their hands before playing.
- Personnel on the floor are provided with personal protective equipment.
- Gaming-table rooms have been re-arranged to comply with social distancing measures.
- Gaming tables, seats, chips, plaques, gaming equipment and slot machines are regularly disinfected with virus-killing agents.
- Bar service remains available, with drinks served by request. Valets are still available to provide food service in the private and VIP gaming areas reserved for My Monte-Carlo members.
Our bars and restaurants have always maintained the strictest health and safety standards in their kitchens and dining rooms. Adjustments and arrangements have been made to ensure a safe and optimal experience:
- Arrangements have been made to enable social distancing in the dining rooms, with limited place settings, additional spacing between the tables, and special floor markings.
- Masks are compulsory for customers who have not yet been seated.
- Bar and counter services are allowed.
- Digitised copies of our menus may be viewed using dedicated QR codes. Copies are also displayed on menu stands or printed on disposable paper.
- Takeaway sales are permitted.
Wellbeing areas and bathing facilities:
- The opening of swimming pools is allowed according to a strict sanitary protocol.
- Jacuzzis hot tubs, saunas and hammams remain inaccessible.
- Gyms are open – booking is required. Private coaching is permitted (see conditions).
- All therapists have been provided with masks, as well as eye protection or visors.
- Advance booking is required for all treatments.
- Treatment rooms are fully disinfected both before and after your treatment.
- Any equipment used (brushes, scissors, manicure equipment, tweezers, etc.) will be thoroughly disinfected.
- Single-use covers and equipment are used during each treatment, and immediately disposed of afterwards.
During both personal and business events, Monte-Carlo Société des Bains de Mer implements all the recommended hygiene measures detailed below, and may contact Monaco authorities to establish bespoke arrangements to ensure we can provide the best possible hygiene conditions for your specific event.
- All equipment used during meetings is sanitised before and after each use. If it cannot be sanitised, it is single-use only.
- Employees and guests are required to wear masks.
- All linen (tablecloths, etc.) is replaced after every use, including bottom layers.
- A one-way system for entering and exiting is in place.
- A hand sanitising station and information board detailing all applicable hygiene measures, including preventive measures, is placed at the entrance to each room.
- Waste bins have been specifically designated for COVID-related waste, and are available for use by both teams and guests.
- Compliance with recommended social distancing requirements is ensured during the selection of room layout.
- Capacity of the meeting and banqueting roomsis limited to 70% seat occupancy.
- Karaoke and other activities where close contact is likely to occur are not permitted, nor is use of shared facilities.
- Business meetings: Seating is staggered and an empty seat left between each attendee. All attendees are required to wear masks. Individual bottles and glasses are provided.
- Lunch and dinner: Tables are placed 1m apart inside and 1 m apart outside. Alternatively, a social distancing screen of an appropriate height is provided. One employee per service.
- Buffets, sharing plates, the use of communal equipment, fans and misters are prohibited until further notice.
- Festive seated banquet:
- Capacity will be limited to the number of seats in the facility.
- Masks must be worn in the queue and by staff. (Customers are welcome to remove their masks after they have left the queue)
- All food and drink must be consumed at tables; however, a standing cocktail reception is permitted at private parties where dancing or musical entertainment will be taking place.
“We look forward to having you here and are eager to provide you with the best possible service, so that you can enjoy an unforgettable experience in complete comfort and safety.”
The general managers and employees of Monte-Carlo Société des Bains de Mer
Monte-Carlo Société des Bains de Mer has been certified as compliant with Covid-19 "business restart" health sanitary measures by Bureau Veritas France.
Monte-Carlo Société des Bains de Mer awarded Monaco Safe label.
The Monegasque government has awarded the Monaco Safe label to the Monte-Carlo Cares programme of hygiene measures put in place to combat the spread of COVID-19 in the following establishments: hotels, restaurants, casinos and spas.
This government-approved label is a further endorsement of the Group’s safety standards, ensuring that staff can carry out their duties and visitors enjoy their stay in the Principality with confidence.
According to the government, “This additional attribute is available for use by tourism professionals and retailers: the Principality of Monaco is a safe and attractive destination, and will continue to be so”.
This label also signifies that frequent inspections are carried out, demonstrating our unfailing commitment to making Monaco the finest destination in Europe.