Monte-Carlo Société des Bains de Mer is following the Covid-19 epidemic very closely and is focused on ensuring the health and safety of employees and customers.
The Group is:
- Committed to protecting employees and customers.
- Responsible for ensuring that new regulations are followed.
- Ready and eager to make your stay as safe and enjoyable as possible
Based on the recommendations of the Government of Monaco, we’re introducing a number of preventive and protective measures, including:
Health and Safety - the following rules are enforced in our establishments:
- Protective measures are communicated and compulsory in all of our establishments.
- Social distancing measures have been introduced using ground markings in all of our establishments, for both personnel and customers.
- Foot traffic is being managed by limiting the number of people allowed into our establishments.
- Masks are compulsory for our employees and customers.
- Temperature checks are performed at all key points of entry into our establishments. Anyone with a temperature above 38°C will be denied access. Access to the premises will be denied should you refuse to have your temperature checked.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers are available at points of contact for our customers and employees.
- All of our establishments are regularly disinfected using virus-killing agents whose use is approved and effective against viruses, bacteria and other pathogens.
- Contact surfaces (handles, elevator buttons, counters, etc.) are disinfected with a virus-killing agent at least every two hours.
- All of our employees are provided with personal protective equipment recommended by the Prince’s Government, and have been trained to follow good preventive practices.
- Occupancy is limited to at most one person for every four square meters.
- Physical distancing rules (with a minimum distance of 1.5 m) have been introduced, especially in lines, elevators and places with high foot traffic.
in addition to the general health measures introduced in all of our establishments, we have also introduced a number of specific measures in our hotels.
- Prior to your stay, we will send you an email prompting you to fill out all of the information needed for check-in, along with some additional details that will help us make your stay as safe and enjoyable as possible.
- Valet parking is provided with strict rules in place. Vehicles are disinfected before and after each use.
- The Resort shuttle service will be maintained with strict rules in place, in accordance with governmental health requirements.
- Rooms will be cleaned using protocols approved by the Government of Monaco. Room service will be adapted to conform with governmental requirements.
- Luggage storage is suspended.
- Room service must be ordered by phone and left in front of the door to the room. Buffets will not be permitted under the usual format.
- Lastly, for your peace of mind, we have relaxed our hotel cancellation policy in light of the current Covid-19 situation.
- During peak season, changes and cancellations may now be made up to three days before arrival*
- All new reservations must be guaranteed by credit card upon confirmation. No deposit or prepayment is required*
- The majority of our special offers (e.g. Advance Purchase) are now flexible: no prepayments are required, and bookings may be cancelled up to three days before arrival.
*Excluding the Diamond Suite and long stays
All customers who wish to visit the casinos are asked to briefly lower their masks for identity checks, in accordance with current regulations in the Principality of Monaco.
- Foot traffic is being managed with ground markings, to ensure that social distancing measures are followed. Measures are also in place to limit the number of people allowed into the casinos.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers have been placed in every gaming area, so that customers may wash their hands before playing.
- Personnel on the floor are provided with personal protective equipment.
- Gaming-table rooms have been re-arranged to comply with social distancing measures.
- Gaming tables, seats, chips, plaques, gaming equipment and slot machines are regularly disinfected with virus-killing agents.
- In order to maintain an appropriate distance between each customer at the slot machines, only one in two machines will be operational, with partitions placed between them.
- Bar service remains available, with drinks served by request. Valets are still available to provide food service in the private and VIP gaming areas reserved for My Monte-Carlo members.
> Discover the health sanitary program of the casinos
Our bars and restaurants have always maintained the strictest health and safety standards in their kitchens and dining rooms. Adjustments and arrangements have been made to ensure a safe and optimal experience:
- Arrangements have been made to enable social distancing in the dining rooms, with limited place settings, additional spacing between the tables, and special floor markings.
- In accordance with health regulations, we are unable to provide coat check services in our restaurants.
- Reservations are strongly recommended.
- Masks are compulsory for customers who have not yet been seated.
- Each table may seat a maximum of four to six people, except in the Monte-Carlo Beach restaurants, where each table may seat up to a maximum of ten.
- Bar and counter services are not permitted.
- Digitised copies of our menus may be viewed using dedicated QR codes. Copies are also displayed on menu stands or printed on disposable paper.
wellbeing areas and bathing facilities:
- As part of the preventive health measures being put in place, a limited number of users will be permitted in bathing areas, sports facilities and changing rooms at any one time.
- The number of deckchairs provided has been reduced to meet social distancing requirements, as has the number of machines available in gyms.
- Sports equipment and machines are disinfected after each use.
- All therapists have been provided with masks, as well as eye protection or visors.
- Advance booking is required for all treatments.
- Treatment rooms are fully disinfected both before and after your treatment.
- Any equipment used (brushes, scissors, manicure equipment, tweezers, etc.) will be thoroughly disinfected.
- Hairdryers are not to be used outside of the hair salon.
- Single-use covers and equipment are used during each treatment, and immediately disposed of afterwards.
With the current environment, we will be opening our establishments gradually, in accordance with the government’s instructions.
To view the latest information, please contact us or visit the webpage of the relevant establishment.
Dates of re-openings:
- Monday 4 May
- Monday 11 May
The hair salon and beauty section of Thermes Marins Monte-Carlo
- Tuesday 2 June
Brasserie of Café de Paris Monte-Carlo and its new terrace
Inauguration of the new Place du Casino
Mada One at One Monte-Carlo
- Wednesday 3 June
Monte-Carlo Bay Hotel & Resort: Orange Verte, Blue Gin, Spa Cinq Mondes (except sauna and steam room) and the boutique. The Blue Bay restaurant's reopening should be announced for the end of June. The outdoor swimming pool and lagoon have been open since 6 June.
As for the fitness centre and sea access, their reopening will depend on obtaining a permit issued by the relevant authorities. Note that the hotel, which has remained open since 15 March, offers room service breakfast.
- Friday 5 June
Casino de Monte-Carlo - reopening of the gaming rooms, terraces and Le Salon Rose restaurant
Casino Café de Paris – rooms and terrace
- Wednesday 10 June
The Bar Américain at Hôtel de Paris Monte-Carlo
- Friday 12 June
The hotel, which has remained open since 15 March, offers room service breakfast.
Monte-Carlo Beach Club, including the restaurant Le Deck, the Olympic swimming pool, the beach and spa facilities, as well as the pool bar.
The indoor pool, solarium, changing rooms, bar, and shop at Thermes Marins Monte-Carlo.
- Monday 15 June
The Thermes Marins Monte-Carlo gym
- Tuesday 16 June
- Friday 19 June
- Saturday 20 June
- Wednesday 24 June
- Wednesday 1 July
- Friday 3 July
- Friday 17 July
Le Vistamar restaurant at Hôtel Hermitage Monte-Carlo
These dates may change depending on how the situation evolves.
In light of the current health situation, we have decided to offer more flexibility in the My Monte-Carlo loyalty programme.
Accordingly, we are now ready to announce that any My Points that have not been used by 31 December 2020 will not expire. Members will have until 31 March 2021 to claim these points.
Any new changes will be communicated to programme members at a later date.
“We look forward to having you here and are eager to provide you with the best possible service, so that you can enjoy an unforgettable experience in complete comfort and safety.”
The general managers and employees of Monte-Carlo Société des Bains de Mer
Monte-Carlo Société des Bains de Mer has been certified as compliant with Covid-19 "business restart" health sanitary measures by Bureau Veritas France.
Monte-Carlo Société des Bains de Mer awarded Monaco Safe label.
The Monegasque government has awarded the Monaco Safe label to the Monte-Carlo Cares programme of hygiene measures put in place to combat the spread of COVID-19 in the following establishments: hotels, restaurants, casinos and spas.
This government-approved label is a further endorsement of the Group’s safety standards, ensuring that staff can carry out their duties and visitors enjoy their stay in the Principality with confidence.
According to the government, “This additional attribute is available for use by tourism professionals and retailers: the Principality of Monaco is a safe and attractive destination, and will continue to be so”.
This label also signifies that frequent inspections are carried out, demonstrating our unfailing commitment to making Monaco the finest destination in Europe.
- Masks required
- Avoid crowds and maintain a 1.5m distance
- Throw away your masks, tissues and gloves in the COVID-19 bins
- Temperature checks required
- Wash your hands frequently
- Use disposable tissues
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth
- Do not shake hands or kiss on the cheek
- Wash and disinfect frequently