Monte-Carlo Société des Bains de Mer is following the Covid-19 epidemic very closely and is focused on ensuring the health and safety of employees and customers.
The Group is:
- Committed to protecting employees and customers.
- Responsible for ensuring that new regulations are followed.
- Ready and eager to make your stay as safe and enjoyable as possible
Based on the recommendations of the Government of Monaco, we’re introducing a number of preventive and protective measures, including:
Health and Safety - the following rules are enforced in our establishments:
- Protective measures are communicated and compulsory in all of our establishments.
- Social distancing measures have been introduced using ground markings in all of our establishments, for both personnel and customers.
- Foot traffic is being managed by limiting the number of people allowed into our establishments.
- Masks are compulsory for our employees and customers.
- Temperature checks are performed at all key points of entry into our establishments. Anyone with a temperature above 38°C will be denied access. Access to the premises will be denied should you refuse to have your temperature checked.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers are available at points of contact for our customers and employees.
- All of our establishments are regularly disinfected using virus-killing agents whose use is approved and effective against viruses, bacteria and other pathogens.
- Contact surfaces (handles, elevator buttons, counters, etc.) are disinfected with a virus-killing agent at least every two hours.
- All of our employees are provided with personal protective equipment recommended by the Prince’s Government, and have been trained to follow good preventive practices.
- Physical distancing rules (with a minimum distance of 1.5 m) have been introduced, especially in lines, elevators and places with high foot traffic.
Measures in force from 19 April until 3 May 2021
- A curfew will apply in the Principality between 21:00 and 06:00 from 19 April until 3 May 2021.
- The Casino de Monte-Carlo will be open from 12:00 to 19:30 and Casino Café De Paris from 9:00 to 19h30.
- As a reminder, the Monaco government requires individuals to provide proof of work, residency or a hotel booking in Monaco to gain entry to restaurants for lunch, and proof of residency or a hotel booking for dinner.
Hotels: in addition to the general health measures introduced in all of our establishments, we have also introduced a number of specific measures in our hotels.
Any individual who has travelled from abroad and is staying in a hotel in Monaco, with the exception of:
- Cross-border workers and students
- Professionals who will not be staying overnight, and who have travelled to Monaco on behalf of a company based abroad to provide a service whereby the urgency or frequency means a COVID-19 PCR test cannot be taken
- Road transport professionals entering Monaco for work purposes who will be in the country less than 24 hours
- Children aged under 11
- Residents of Monaco
must provide evidence of a negative PCR test carried out less than 72 hours before their arrival in Monaco. If they cannot provide evidence of this, we will regretfully be obliged to refuse access to the hotel.
There will be a form to fill in on arrival.
To travel to France, any guest having stayed in a hotel for longer than 24 hours must present a negative PCR test result, carried out less than 72 hours before departure.
These measures apply to all establishments in the Principality. The Monte-Carlo Beach is not concerned by this measure.
- Prior to your stay, we will send you an email prompting you to fill out all of the information needed for check-in, along with some additional details that will help us make your stay as safe and enjoyable as possible.
- Valet parking is provided with strict rules in place. Vehicles are disinfected before and after each use.
- The Resort shuttle service will be maintained with strict rules in place, in accordance with governmental health requirements.
- Rooms will be cleaned using protocols approved by the Government of Monaco. Room service will be adapted to conform with governmental requirements.
- Luggage storage is suspended.
- Breakfast in hotels may only be served to staying guests.
- Room service is available to our guests.
- Room service must be ordered by phone and left in front of the door to the room. Buffets will not be permitted under the usual format.
Lastly, for your peace of mind, we have relaxed our hotel cancellation policy in light of the current Covid-19 situation.
- During peak season, changes and cancellations may now be made between seven days and three days before arrival*
- All new reservations must be guaranteed by credit card upon confirmation. No deposit or prepayment is required*
- The majority of our special offers (e.g. Advance Purchase) are now flexible: no prepayments are required, and bookings may be cancelled up to three days before arrival.
*Excluding the Diamond Suite and long stays
Please consult the travel page on the official Government website: https://covid19.mc/en/thematiques/transports-et-voyages/
All customers who wish to visit the casinos are asked to briefly lower their masks for identity checks, in accordance with current regulations in the Principality of Monaco.
- The Casino de Monte-Carlo will be open from 12:00 to 19:30 and Casino Café De Paris from 9:00 to 19h30 from Saturday 3rd April 2021.
- Foot traffic is being managed with ground markings, to ensure that social distancing measures are followed. Measures are also in place to limit the number of people allowed into the casinos.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers have been placed in every gaming area, so that customers may wash their hands before playing.
- Personnel on the floor are provided with personal protective equipment.
- Gaming-table rooms have been re-arranged to comply with social distancing measures.
- Gaming tables, seats, chips, plaques, gaming equipment and slot machines are regularly disinfected with virus-killing agents.
- In order to maintain an appropriate distance between each customer at the slot machines, only one in two machines will be operational, with partitions placed between them.
- Bar service remains available, with drinks served by request. Valets are still available to provide food service in the private and VIP gaming areas reserved for My Monte-Carlo members.
> Discover the health sanitary program of the casinos
Our bars and restaurants have always maintained the strictest health and safety standards in their kitchens and dining rooms. Adjustments and arrangements have been made to ensure a safe and optimal experience:
- From Monday 19 April, the Monaco government will require individuals to provide proof of work, hotel reservation or residency in Monaco to gain entry to restaurants for lunch, and proof of hotel reservation or residency in Monaco for dinner.
- Arrangements have been made to enable social distancing in the dining rooms, with limited place settings, additional spacing between the tables, and special floor markings.
- In accordance with health regulations, we are unable to provide coat check services in our restaurants.
- Reservations are required.
- Masks are compulsory for customers who have not yet been seated.
- Each table may seat a maximum of six people.
- The service time can be up to 21:00. An exemption for customers is provided until 22:00 maximum. They will have to provide themselves with a certificate which will be given to them by our establishments.
- Bar and counter services are not permitted.
- Digitised copies of our menus may be viewed using dedicated QR codes. Copies are also displayed on menu stands or printed on disposable paper.
- There is no musical atmosphere in our restaurants.
- Takeaway sales are permitted until 21:00, in strict compliance with curfew hours.
Wellbeing areas and bathing facilities:
- In line with health protection measures, bathing areas & swimming pools, gyms and changing rooms are closed until further notice.
- All therapists have been provided with masks, as well as eye protection or visors.
- Advance booking is required for all treatments.
- Treatment rooms are fully disinfected both before and after your treatment.
- Any equipment used (brushes, scissors, manicure equipment, tweezers, etc.) will be thoroughly disinfected.
- Hairdryers are not to be used outside of the hair salon.
- Single-use covers and equipment are used during each treatment, and immediately disposed of afterwards.
In light of the current health situation, we have decided to offer more flexibility in the My Monte-Carlo loyalty programme.
Accordingly, we are now ready to announce that any My Points that have not been used by 31 December 2020 will not expire. My Monte-Carlo members can redeem them until 31 December 2021.
The loyalty status has been extended for an additional year. All My Monte-Carlo members will keep their current status until 31 December 2021, event those members who were scheduled to downgrade in 2020.
During both personal and business events, Monte-Carlo Société des Bains de Mer implements all the recommended hygiene measures detailed below, and may contact Monaco authorities to establish bespoke arrangements to ensure we can provide the best possible hygiene conditions for your specific event.
- All equipment used during meetings is sanitised before and after each use. If it cannot be sanitised, it is single-use only.
- Employees and guests are required to wear masks.
- All linen (tablecloths, etc.) is replaced after every use, including bottom layers.
- A one-way system for entering and exiting is in place.
- Sound levels must not exceed 74 dB. Dance floors and live music are not permitted.
- A hand sanitising station and information board detailing all applicable hygiene measures, including preventive measures, is placed at the entrance to each room.
- Waste bins have been specifically designated for COVID-related waste, and are available for use by both teams and guests.
- Compliance with recommended social distancing requirements is ensured during the selection of room layout.
- Business meetings: Seating is staggered, and an empty seat left between each attendee. All attendees are required to wear masks. Individual bottles and glasses are provided.
- Coffee breaks: Table service with individual servings provided. One employee per service. 15 minutes maximum per coffe break and up to 2 per day..
- Lunch: Tables are placed 1.5 m apart and a distance of 50 cm is ensured between the shoulder of one diner and that of their nearest neighbour. No more than 6 people are permitted per table. The Monaco government requires participants to provide proof of work, residency or a hotel booking in Monaco to gain entry to restaurants.
- Dinner: Not allowed until further notice.
“We look forward to having you here and are eager to provide you with the best possible service, so that you can enjoy an unforgettable experience in complete comfort and safety.”
The general managers and employees of Monte-Carlo Société des Bains de Mer
Monte-Carlo Société des Bains de Mer has been certified as compliant with Covid-19 "business restart" health sanitary measures by Bureau Veritas France.
Monte-Carlo Société des Bains de Mer awarded Monaco Safe label.
The Monegasque government has awarded the Monaco Safe label to the Monte-Carlo Cares programme of hygiene measures put in place to combat the spread of COVID-19 in the following establishments: hotels, restaurants, casinos and spas.
This government-approved label is a further endorsement of the Group’s safety standards, ensuring that staff can carry out their duties and visitors enjoy their stay in the Principality with confidence.
According to the government, “This additional attribute is available for use by tourism professionals and retailers: the Principality of Monaco is a safe and attractive destination, and will continue to be so”.
This label also signifies that frequent inspections are carried out, demonstrating our unfailing commitment to making Monaco the finest destination in Europe.
- Masks required
- Avoid crowds and maintain a 1.5m distance
- Throw away your masks, tissues and gloves in the COVID-19 bins
- Temperature checks required
- Wash your hands frequently
- Use disposable tissues
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth
- Do not shake hands or kiss on the cheek
- Wash and disinfect frequently