Monte-Carlo Société des Bains de Mer is following the Covid-19 epidemic very closely and is focused on ensuring the health and safety of employees and customers.
The Group is:
- Committed to protecting employees and customers.
- Responsible for ensuring that new regulations are followed.
- Ready and eager to make your stay as safe and enjoyable as possible
Based on the recommendations of the Government of Monaco, we’re introducing a number of preventive and protective measures, including:
Health and Safety - the following rules are enforced in our establishments:
- Protective measures are communicated and compulsory in all of our establishments.
- Social distancing measures have been introduced using ground markings in all of our establishments, for both personnel and customers.
- Foot traffic is being managed by limiting the number of people allowed into our establishments.
- Masks are compulsory for our employees and customers.
- Temperature checks are performed at all key points of entry into our establishments. Anyone with a temperature above 38°C will be denied access. Access to the premises will be denied should you refuse to have your temperature checked.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers are available at points of contact for our customers and employees.
- All of our establishments are regularly disinfected using virus-killing agents whose use is approved and effective against viruses, bacteria and other pathogens.
- Contact surfaces (handles, elevator buttons, counters, etc.) are disinfected with a virus-killing agent at least every two hours.
- All of our employees are provided with personal protective equipment recommended by the Prince’s Government, and have been trained to follow good preventive practices.
- Physical distancing rules (with a minimum distance of 1.5 m) have been introduced, especially in lines, elevators and places with high foot traffic.
New special Covid-19 measures from 29 October
Following the address given by H.S.H. Prince Albert II on 29 October, new health measures related to the Covid-19 pandemic have been instituted in the Principality.
They will take effect on 1 November at midnight.
- A curfew is in effect in the Principality between 8pm and 6am.
- An exemption may be granted for restaurants and casino gaming rooms upon presentation of a certificate or entry ticket. In this case, patrons may leave the premises at 9:30pm, as long as they return home by 10pm.
- Reservations are required at our restaurants, and tables are limited to six guests.
- Sports rooms are closed, and spa services are restricted.
- Bars are also closed, with the exception of hotel bars, which may remain open until 10pm for guests staying in the hotel.
- The 15th annual Monte-Carlo Jazz Festival is cancelled. Ticket holders are invited to contact their dealers for a refund.
- Masks are required throughout the country, except for children under 5.
Hotels: in addition to the general health measures introduced in all of our establishments, we have also introduced a number of specific measures in our hotels.
With the exception of guests arriving from France (not including transit passengers), if you are arriving from a country outside the European Area or from a region of a country in the European Area, including Andorra, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Saint-Marin, Switzerland, the United Kingdom or the Vatican, with more than 60 cases per 100,000 people in two weeks according to: www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/cases-2019-ncov-eueea, each room occupant must provide evidence of a PCR test with a negative result carried out in the country of provenance 72 hours prior to arrival in the Principality. Without which you will be refused access to your hotel.
You will need to fill in a form when you arrive.
These measures apply to all establishments in the Principality. The Monte-Carlo Beach is not concerned by this measure.
- Prior to your stay, we will send you an email prompting you to fill out all of the information needed for check-in, along with some additional details that will help us make your stay as safe and enjoyable as possible.
- Valet parking is provided with strict rules in place. Vehicles are disinfected before and after each use.
- The Resort shuttle service will be maintained with strict rules in place, in accordance with governmental health requirements.
- Rooms will be cleaned using protocols approved by the Government of Monaco. Room service will be adapted to conform with governmental requirements.
- Luggage storage is suspended.
- Room service must be ordered by phone and left in front of the door to the room. Buffets will not be permitted under the usual format.
- Lastly, for your peace of mind, we have relaxed our hotel cancellation policy in light of the current Covid-19 situation.
- During peak season, changes and cancellations may now be made up to three days before arrival*
- All new reservations must be guaranteed by credit card upon confirmation. No deposit or prepayment is required*
- The majority of our special offers (e.g. Advance Purchase) are now flexible: no prepayments are required, and bookings may be cancelled up to three days before arrival.
*Excluding the Diamond Suite and long stays
Please consult the travel page on the official Government website: https://covid19.mc/en/thematiques/transports-et-voyages/
All customers who wish to visit the casinos are asked to briefly lower their masks for identity checks, in accordance with current regulations in the Principality of Monaco.
- Foot traffic is being managed with ground markings, to ensure that social distancing measures are followed. Measures are also in place to limit the number of people allowed into the casinos.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers have been placed in every gaming area, so that customers may wash their hands before playing.
- Personnel on the floor are provided with personal protective equipment.
- Gaming-table rooms have been re-arranged to comply with social distancing measures.
- Gaming tables, seats, chips, plaques, gaming equipment and slot machines are regularly disinfected with virus-killing agents.
- In order to maintain an appropriate distance between each customer at the slot machines, only one in two machines will be operational, with partitions placed between them.
- Bar service remains available, with drinks served by request. Valets are still available to provide food service in the private and VIP gaming areas reserved for My Monte-Carlo members.
> Discover the health sanitary program of the casinos
Our bars and restaurants have always maintained the strictest health and safety standards in their kitchens and dining rooms. Adjustments and arrangements have been made to ensure a safe and optimal experience:
- Arrangements have been made to enable social distancing in the dining rooms, with limited place settings, additional spacing between the tables, and special floor markings.
- In accordance with health regulations, we are unable to provide coat check services in our restaurants.
- Reservations are required.
- Masks are compulsory for customers who have not yet been seated.
- Each table may seat a maximum of six people.
- Bar and counter services are not permitted.
- Digitised copies of our menus may be viewed using dedicated QR codes. Copies are also displayed on menu stands or printed on disposable paper.
Wellbeing areas and bathing facilities:
- As part of the preventive health measures being put in place, a limited number of users will be permitted in bathing areas, sports facilities and changing rooms at any one time.
- The number of deckchairs provided has been reduced to meet social distancing requirements, as has the number of machines available in gyms.
- Sports equipment and machines are disinfected after each use.
- All therapists have been provided with masks, as well as eye protection or visors.
- Advance booking is required for all treatments.
- Treatment rooms are fully disinfected both before and after your treatment.
- Any equipment used (brushes, scissors, manicure equipment, tweezers, etc.) will be thoroughly disinfected.
- Hairdryers are not to be used outside of the hair salon.
- Single-use covers and equipment are used during each treatment, and immediately disposed of afterwards.
In light of the current health situation, we have decided to offer more flexibility in the My Monte-Carlo loyalty programme.
Accordingly, we are now ready to announce that any My Points that have not been used by 31 December 2020 will not expire. Members will have until 31 March 2021 to claim these points.
Any new changes will be communicated to programme members at a later date.
During both personal and business events, Monte-Carlo Société des Bains de Mer implements all the recommended hygiene measures detailed below, and may contact Monaco authorities to establish bespoke arrangements to ensure we can provide the best possible hygiene conditions for your specific event.
- All equipment used during meetings is sanitised before and after each use. If it cannot be sanitised, it is single-use only.
- Employees and guests are required to wear masks.
- All linen (tablecloths, etc.) is replaced after every use, including bottom layers.
- A one-way system for entering and exiting is in place.
- Sound levels must not exceed 74 dB. Dance floors and live music are not permitted.
- A hand sanitising station and information board detailing all applicable hygiene measures, including preventive measures, is placed at the entrance to each room.
- Waste bins have been specifically designated for COVID-related waste, and are available for use by both teams and guests.
- Compliance with recommended social distancing requirements is ensured during the selection of room layout.
- Business meetings: Seating is staggered, and an empty seat left between each attendee. All attendees are required to wear masks. Individual bottles and glasses are provided.
- Coffee breaks: Table service or buffet with individual servings provided, and social distancing signage in front of the buffet table. One employee per service.
- Buffets/Dinners: Tables are placed 1.5 m apart and a distance of 50 cm is ensured between the shoulder of one diner and that of their nearest neighbour. No more than 6 people are permitted per table. For buffets, individual servings are provided so that guests may take a portion and enjoy it once seated. One employee per service.
- Cocktail receptions: Table service is provided, with drinks served on trays and individual servings of canapés.
In the evenings, service will end at 21:00 at the latest and guests will be required to leave by 21:30.
“We look forward to having you here and are eager to provide you with the best possible service, so that you can enjoy an unforgettable experience in complete comfort and safety.”
The general managers and employees of Monte-Carlo Société des Bains de Mer
Monte-Carlo Société des Bains de Mer has been certified as compliant with Covid-19 "business restart" health sanitary measures by Bureau Veritas France.
Monte-Carlo Société des Bains de Mer awarded Monaco Safe label.
The Monegasque government has awarded the Monaco Safe label to the Monte-Carlo Cares programme of hygiene measures put in place to combat the spread of COVID-19 in the following establishments: hotels, restaurants, casinos and spas.
This government-approved label is a further endorsement of the Group’s safety standards, ensuring that staff can carry out their duties and visitors enjoy their stay in the Principality with confidence.
According to the government, “This additional attribute is available for use by tourism professionals and retailers: the Principality of Monaco is a safe and attractive destination, and will continue to be so”.
This label also signifies that frequent inspections are carried out, demonstrating our unfailing commitment to making Monaco the finest destination in Europe.
- Masks required
- Avoid crowds and maintain a 1.5m distance
- Throw away your masks, tissues and gloves in the COVID-19 bins
- Temperature checks required
- Wash your hands frequently
- Use disposable tissues
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth
- Do not shake hands or kiss on the cheek
- Wash and disinfect frequently